Top 5 Best Wi-Fi Routers in 2021
OUR TOP PICK
Top 5 Best Wi-Fi Routers
The Internet has changed dramatically over the last two decades, and so have Wi-Fi routers. A few years ago, wireless routers were relatively dumb devices that simply called the web into your home or office and nothing more. Now, they provide everything from support for multiple wireless frequencies to mobile-managed devices. And forget the painful setup: the best routers boast a much higher level of default intelligence, making it easier than ever to configure and use more advanced features. Many functions that once required important networking knowledge can now be set up correctly with the click of a mouse. Wi-Fi routers come with a host of security- and privacy-based features to keep you safe online. So whether you use your business device for your business travel or personal use, you can choose the one that suits your needs in this guide to the 5 best Wi-Fi routers.
Our top pick
Netgear Orbi AC2200 RBK23
- Speed: 802.11ac 5GHz down: 68.8 Mbps
- Connectivity: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet ports per unit
- Features: Disney Circle parental controls, Pause WiFi, smartphone setup, Tri-Band networking, modular
If you are in the market for a high-end WiFi system then the Orbi RBK23 might be what you need. It provides amazing performance and supports modern features such as MU-MIMO that means that the WiFi router can communicate with multiple devices simultaneously and this decreases the time each device has to wait for a signal.
Netgear Orbi AC2200 RBK23 has a high-performance Whole Home Mesh WiFi System that can cover large homes up to 6,000 sq. ft with fast WiFi. Besides, it works with Amazon-Alexa and the Google Assistant so you can use voice commands to control your home WiFi network.
This router gives Circle Smart Parental Controls that grants your families to manage content and time online on any connected device. If you want a quick and simple way to set up and expand their home Wi-Fi, and this will be best option for you.
- Easy setup
- Great 802.11n coverage
- Supports MU-MIMO
- Includes 1 router and 2 satellites
- Firmware is buggy
- No USB ports for printer or storage sharing
TP-Link Archer C5400
- Speed: 802.11ac 5GHz down: up to 2,167 Mbps, 2.4GHz down: up to 1,000 Mbps
- Connectivity: 4 x LAN, WAN, USB 3.0, USB 2.0
- Features: MU-MIMO, Tri-band Wi-Fi, 8 external antennas, Alexa voice control
The TP-Link Archer C5400 delivers combined Tri-Band Wi-Fi speeds of up to 5334 Mbps which allows you to dedicate the entire band to gaming without slowing down your network. Smart Connect helps devices run even faster by assigning them to the best available channel to balance network demand. Besides, while you connect a device to your router, Smart Connect will automatically identify the best available channel and assign the device to it.
The Archer C5400 has NitroQAM (1024-QAM) and 4-Stream and these advanced technologies let the router’s 2.4 GHz band and both of its 5 GHz bands give speeds of up to 1000 Mbps and 2167 Mbps, respectively. Because of NitroQAM and 4-Stream, you can game at the highest settings without lagging.
If you are looking for a router that can shout louder than your neighbor’s router, this is a decent choice for you.
- AC5400 Technology
- Great 5Ghz performance
- Features (Beamforming, MUMIMO And TriBand Technology)
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports With Link Aggregation
- USB Performance
- Not the nicest-looking device
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
- Wi-Fi Spec: 802.11ac/Tri-Band
- Number of Antennas/Removable: 8/Yes
- Ports: 1 WAN, 4 1-Gbps LAN, 1 2.5-Gbps LAN, 2 USB 3.0
- Peak Throughput: 731.4 Mbps
- Size: 9.4 x 9.4 x 2.8 inches
If you have a focus on gaming, the GT-AX11000 can be a good home router as well with Quality of Service (QOS), security and parental controls. It not only lets you set up adaptive QOS to prioritize the available bandwidth but the router’s time-scheduling feature can set limits on when users can log on.
It is 9.45 x 9.45 x 2.8 inches. It has a 1.8GHz quad-core CPU and 2.5GBase -T port which provide ultimate performance and allow it to increase its speed up to 11000 Mbps to handle even the busiest network with ease.
ASUS RoG Rapture GT-AX11000 is the kind of wireless router that redefines what it means to be “over-the-top.” It’s huge, and it is powerful. If you like to live on the cutting edge of technology, or if you are a gamer looking for the absolute best wireless networking performance, then this router deserves your attention.
- First Wi-Fi 6 (802.11AX) router for future-proof networking
- Performance improves with distance
- Impressive 2.5Gbps wired connector
- Bundled security software
- Gaming-specific tools are limited
- 5 LAN ports only
Netgear Nighthawk AX8 (RAX80)
- Wi-Fi Spec: Wi-Fi 6/Dual-band
- Number of Antennas/Removable: 8/Yes
- Ports: 1 WAN/5 LAN gigabit per second, 2 USB 3.0
- Peak Throughput: 1.389 Gbps
- Size: 12.0 x 8.0 x 6.3 inches
Netgear RAX80 AX6000 Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Routers built with blazing-fast wireless speeds of up to 6 Gbps, the AX8 lets families simultaneously stream 4K/8K video on multiple devices.
It supports the new 802.11ax WiFi standard with high-performance WiFi 6 for Smart Homes with 30-50 devices that is powered by a 64-bit. Its 1.8GHz quad-core processor is designed to transfer gigabytes of data with almost zero CPU load. 160MHz channel support doubles the speed offered by 80MHz channels to give gigabit speed to compatible devices.
Its in-built dynamic QoS Prioritizes internet traffic by application and device for smoother streaming. Netgear Nighthawk AX8 has a nighthawk app that can simply set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Adds remote access to manage your network when away from home. It is one of the fastest routers and has a broad feature set. It can remain your first Choice as high-end routers.
- Easy to install.
- Strong 5GHz throughput and file-transfer performance.
- Link aggregation.
- Lacks anti-malware tools.
- AX clients are hard to find.
Netgear Orbi Pro
- Speed: 802.11AC 3Gbps
- Connectivity: Gigabit WAN, 4 x Gigabit LAN
- Features: Modular network coverage, modern design, easy setup, traffic separation
Netgar Orbi Pro creates a non-stop network, so while you move from one side of the office to the other, your signal will not come down, especially when making a conference call. Netgear Orbi Pro has flexible mounting capabilities that optimize your WiFi with device placement.
It is generally designed to cover your business networking needs. The Orbi Pro AC3000 Wireless Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi System from NETGEAR offers improved wireless coverage of up to 5,000 square feet and enhanced wireless connectivity at speeds up to 3000 Mbps. It’s secured WiFi zones with network separation and client separation, enabled by VLAN-SSID tie-in.
Overall, Netgear Orbi Pro is undoubtedly one of the best Wi-Fi routers which delivers the best value against the cost.
- Easy to deploy
- 6Gbps backhaul
- Tri-band AX6000 Mesh Router
- Hardly inconspicuous